Top Image

Top Image

Hidden Treasure...

Posted on: Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We're so happy to introduce one of our new blog contributors, our friend and employee Kim! Kim knows what's up. She'll be here from time to time sharing the latest and greatest finds in our little charming town, San Luis Obispo. Trust me, this is a column that you don't want to miss out on! -S.

"Something we understand at Ruby Rose is that we are indeed hidden. We're hard to find, off the beaten path, yet full of one-of-a-kind “treasures” which just might be the perfect piece that you’ve been looking for.

Have you ever heard your little inner voice saying, “I want to tell all my friends about this place, but I kind of want to keep it to myself too.”? I’ve been guilty of that, but part of the joy of finding something special, is sharing it with those we love, knowing they will enjoy it too.

So in an effort to keep myself in check, and not keep the good stuff to myself, I dropped by Stewart & Clark Fine Foods to pick up some goodies to share with everyone at Ruby Rose last Friday. Tracy Fleming, the Owner/Chef, was happily at the front counter, writing up the daily specials on her chalk board. I was delighted to find a new batch of her melt in your mouth Chocolate Truffle Cookies and an assortment of her yummy handmade marshmallows. Knowing that they sell out, I had to think fast...which was hard to do, as I was caught off guard by the sight of cinnamon rolls fresh out the oven. Drat the summer diet! Truffle cookies and the Toasted Coconut Marshmallows, there, I decided. But wait, I was taking a gamble picking the coconut, because I heard a small tweet from a little bird which told me that Stephanie only likes chocolate. So, just to be safe I picked up a bag of the chocolate chip marshmallows...OK, so I picked up two bags.

Since I am a coffee snob, and I hadn’t had my morning cup yet, I ordered a double shot espresso. I can declare that Tracy has barista skills. She might not be trained, but she can pull a smooth shot. I LOVE good fresh baked goodies and a great cup of coffee.

A little hard to find the first time, Stewart and Clark is located at the end of Fiero Lane behind the Fed EX (at the back of the building). It’s worth searching for!" -K.

Stewart & Clark Fine Foods
The Fiero Café
709 Fiero Lane Suite #35
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00
(805) 541-2300
http://www.stewartandclark.com/

3 comments:

  1. After living in San Luis for 11 years you start to think you know all of the hot spots, but apparently I'm wrong! Thanks so much for this post Kim! I can't wait to try it out...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to go and check out this cute little place - tthanks for the tid bit!

    ReplyDelete

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger