Top Image

Top Image

Hidden Treasure: Bella Pops, by Kim

Posted on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer has officially arrived and it is oh, so, good. So excited to share another hidden treasure around these parts with you...and at the perfect time nonetheless. Summer? Popsicles? Perfect! Take it away Kim!



(image via vintage fine art prints)

The other day when I was in Staples, I forget what I went in to get….not uncommon for me lately. Fortunately I ran into Chris Anderson, and she showed me her really cute flyer she was having made up for her new company Bella Pops. This made me so happy; I didn’t mind forgetting why I was there.

The thought of popsicles reminds me of when I was a little girl. My friend Barbara lived 3 blocks up from me on Sunset Drive, in the summer her brothers sold popsicles out of the garage. It was a long walk, uphill the entire way. But it was well worth it, because in their freezer they had a multitude of flavored popsicles to choose from.

The Bella Pops that Chris makes are more sophisticated then the popsicles of my childhood; her pops are true healthful frozen gourmet treats. Made from fresh fruit, pure cane sugar, natural flavorings & fresh herbs. No artificial anything! Such a great idea! Of course I had to invite myself over to try a few. When it comes to food, I am not shy.

On the menu for our tasting were 3 of the many flavors to choose from.

  • Strawberry/Basil: I loved the addition of the cinnamon basil; maybe because it made it seem just a little more of a grown-up treat.
  • Meyer Lemon: Perfect balance of sweet & tart, and a touch of lemon zest for added flavor, I could eat about 6 of these…no kidding. I didn’t, but would have if there was nobody around to watch me.
  • Chocolate /Orange: Decadent for sure, No cream, but the texture is smooth and the rich dark chocolate flavor was offset perfectly with the orange, it’s flecked with zest of orange too. Far too rich to eat more then 1

I was not able to choose a favorite, but it was between the Meyer Lemon and the Chocolate Orange, both were too good to say one was better then the other. I am also anxiously waiting the fresh watermelon pop that is in the works too!

Popsicles make me smile. Memories of sitting on the curbside in front of Barbara’s house, on a hot summer day, enjoying a popsicle and giggling as we watched the older neighborhood girls come by and flirt with the brothers.

Bella Pops are available at the Pismo Pier Farmers Market Wed 3-6pm

For your special event, wedding or party. Call and make a tasting appointment.

Delivery and non-electric freezer containers are available.

Bella Pops

Handcrafted Frozen Pops

(805) 781-0827

2 comments:

  1. I just signed them up for the Fall show! Aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun indeed Judy, now all I need is a grown up slip and slide and I'm ready for summer

    ReplyDelete

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger