Top Image

Top Image

Collections: Pigs, Clocks & Hankies

Posted on: Friday, March 21, 2014

This week, Kim shares her collections with us! (Looks like we are not the only ones who love to collect, either! We are drooling over Design Sponge's Great Collections and Ways to Display Them!)
Collections are really a reflection of your personality.
Having said that, I think I must have multiple personalities, as I like to collect lots of different things.

 
I collect Pig Cutting boards, because I love all things pork.

 
Clocks, because they remind me of certain places and times.



My Grandmother collected handkerchiefs, so I am collecting them, too. I am partial to the ones with scalloped edges. 
I also collect silver candlesticks, glass pitchers, antique keys, cookie cutters, silver spoons, vintage etched glassware, crochet tablecloths, embroidered pillowcases, buttons, bird pictures and donkeys.


Oh, and my latest collection is old dice. I found the green celluloid at a flea market and I’ve already added some red celluloid that I purchased at a garage sale.

If you shop at Ruby Rose, you may have gotten to take advantage of one of my many collection purges. In order to keep things under control, I occasionally sort through my stashes and part with some of the bounty. That is part of what makes collecting fun for me, is knowing when it's time to let it go . So when I find something I never knew existed, but love instantly, I know it can go home with me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger