Top Image

Top Image

Customer Spotlight: Darling Magazine

Posted on: Friday, July 17, 2015

A few weeks back we received a phone call from Natalie Hemmati, inquiring about borrowing items for a photoshoot. It wasn't until midway through the conversation she mentioned she styles for Darling Magazine--one of our favorite publications! It wasn't hard to say yes, and hosted them for a while at our shop one Sunday. We are still pinching ourselves, and can't wait to see the final photos! Here, Natalie shares how she discovered us and why she found inspiration:

Ruby Rose is not only a vintage store gem in SLO, it is one of my favorite vintage boutiques in Southern California. I first visited Ruby Rose en route to Cambria. My friend and I decided it would ease the long drive if we popped into secondhand shoppes along the way. I was instantly drawn in by the incredible window displays. Once inside, we were greeted by the lovely Kendra who helped us decide on what prized items to purchase. If you have had the pleasure of visiting Ruby Rose, then you already know how unique and cozy the decor is. The interior is very rustic, yet soft and inviting.

Behind the scenes on set for the Darling photoshoot (photo cred: Natalie Hemmati) 
My most recent visit to Ruby Rose was a few weeks back. I was styling an editorial for Darling Magazine and was in need of both men and women's wear. My aim is to always utilize interesting one-of-a-kind pieces; and to pair those items with more conventional pieces. I knew the trek would be a lengthy one, but my mind was made up...off to Ruby Rose I was to see what treasures I could find for the shoot. Being in Los Angeles, it is natural for other Californian's to assume we have the best and latest fashion at our fingertips. Whilst this is true, with anything, you must keep in mind familiarity becomes redundant and boring, and new items are always more exciting and fresh. 

As always, the trip was a successful one. Thank you so much to the wonderful ladies at the shop. I am so grateful and cannot wait to visit again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger