Top Image

Top Image

We Love You, Joni

Posted on: Friday, May 1, 2015

Recent news stories about this legend singer/songwriter center around her health--after being hospitalized at the beginning of this month, she is gaining strength and hopefully heading home soon. There is a website dedicated to sending her well wishes, weloveyoujoni.com, with over 12,000 comments of encouragement, blessings and inspiration---it's incredibly tender reading through the fans' words (if you have a minute, it's worth perusing). A legendary musician and performer--and lesser known, but no less talented, painter--Joni Mitchell is a love of ours and after listening to her music nonstop this week, we had her on our minds. So here is our small contribution to the many already sending their love: a post inspired by Joni.


Oh, but California
California I'm coming home
I'm going to see the folks I dig
I'll even kiss a sunset pig
California I'm coming home.


I met a redneck on a Grecian isle
Who did the goat dance very well
He gave me back my smile
But he kept my camera to sell
Oh the rogue, the red red rogue
He cooked good omelettes & stews
And I might have stayed on with him there


But my heart cried out for you, California
California I'm coming home
Oh meake me feel good rock'n roll band
I'm your biggest fan
California, I'm coming home





We hope you return home soon to the care of loved ones and your own warm bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger