Top Image

Top Image

Fall

Posted on: Friday, November 9, 2012

Please don't hate me. Believe me, it's not a popular thing to say, but I do not love fall like most people do. This week, I went on a quest to try to fall in like with the season. I posed the question to a handful of people I encountered one day to find some positives and see what they loved about fall. I asked,  "Can you tell me of a favorite fall memory or tradition that you have?". Here are a few of the responses I received:

Lauren: My family has a cabin at Shaver Lake and we would go horseback riding by the lake and family walks when the leaves turned.

Kyle:  We would get trash bags in the shape of pumpkins and fill them with leaves. When we were done we would dump and play in them!

Kendra: Picking apples and going home to make applesauce! Yum.

Judy:  We started going to Big Sur as a family. One year my daugter brought a frozen turkey and frozen water bottles and we played Turkey Bowling! We play it every year!

Stephanie (not me): My favorite memories are simple--going out to pick out our pumpkins, corn stalks, and gourds!

Cool customer:  We have a cabin in the Adirondaks and would go there when the leaves turn. It's small and cozy and perfect!

Well, thank you all! I am going to try to give Fall another look this year. Two things are already making me like the season a bit more...

The special delivery of this beauty by our friend Carol!

IMG_1610

And these babies...freshly roasted pumpkin pancakes from Sally Loo's!

photo by Jennifer Young
Image by Jennifer Young

Thanks friends!

1 comments:

Ruby Rose All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger